Friday, April 12, 2013

Targeting Marketing 101

Today as I visited the Walmart store in my area, I noticed a truck parked in the far parking lot in front of the Home Depot store. The truck had a beautiful ad on both sides of it that read Dream House Restoration. I thought to myself now that's a smart cookie. Why did I say that? Today, there is a lot of competition out there when it comes to business. There was a time when people did not even feel they could achieve such a thing as even have their own business but now people are stepping out of the box and new businesses are flourishing everyday!

To have a business is one thing but to know how to effectively market that business is another. The most effective way to market any business is with TARGET MARKETING. What is target marketing? Target marketing is simply doing a little research and finding out who needs and can benefit from the services or products you offer. Why would I try to sell soccer shoes to a football player? I might be wasting my time.

The gentleman that parked that truck there does home remodeling. To park his truck with his contact information on the side was very smart. Remember there is a lot of competition out there. If you want to be successful you "must" get out of your box and do something very smart and creative to be able to achieve and make money. The ultimate goal for any business owner is to be able to make money and be self sufficient. So the next time you think about marketing your business, writing a marketing plan, or think about a marketing campaign. Remember to target only the people that you feel can benefit from your services or business.

For more business tips follow my blog.


Victoria Sheffield
Marketer, Business Management and consultant, Publisher/Author


Would you like to know how I increased the traffic to my website from only fifty hits to thousands daily? Its all here!












No comments:

Post a Comment